Wednesday 17 March 2010

speech after long silence

I'm still alive.

I'm spending a lot of time in quite a dark place.

I need to find a job. I really don't want to, because I'm afraid that another McJob will make me go crazy. But I need money. So I have no choice really, but I'm still dragging my feet. These are some of the dark things I don't really want to write about, for fear they'll turn this blog into just a bit of a moan.

The Clown mentioned that a friend of his has just joined the first roller derby group to start here in Cardiff. He suggested I join, pointing out that I was the one to express my interest in it to him a while back. This is true.

"Go into the joke shop in the arcade", he said, "and ask the large woman behind the counter for information. She can help you".

With such a direction presented to me, what else can I do?

For anyone who isn't familiar with roller derby, here's the trailer for a film that will - I hope - soon be released here in the UK.

Just say yes, right?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fantastic idea.

    JFDI!

    ReplyDelete